When my husband and I started dating, we enjoyed leaving love notes for each other in creative and clever ways. ❤️ Later on, I tried to do the same with my two kids. And, I sure got a kick out of seeing them doing the same for us, each other, and now with their spouses.
But, you don’t have to wait for Valentine’s Day to surprise someone with a love note. We have left notes for all sorts of reasons…a job promotion, a Geography Bee winning, a note of encouragement or note noticing your kid helped another person…the skies the limit!
Here, I snuck out after the snow stopped to leave love notes for my hubby to find before he left for work the following day. 🙂 ⛄️
OK, so here’s the list of things we actually did throughout the years, or ideas I came up with.
(More pictures at the end of the post. 🤗)
THE KEY IS… USE YOUR IMAGINATION!!
❤️Twenty Creative Ways to Leave Love Notes❤️
• Hide notes in lunch boxes, books, backpacks or under and behind items for someone to find when they clean the house.
• Sneak out at night and write a sweet message on their car with shoe polish paint.
• Leave a note under their favorite coffee cup or hygiene item they use every morning.
• Use dry erase marker to write a love note, positive thought or verse on their bathroom mirror.
• Print out a sign and tape it to a wall where they’ll see it when they open their door or behind a door they will close. (i.e. bathroom door)
• Find your kids’ homework agenda and leave a congratulatory, encouraging, or fun message on a particular day. (i.e. a tryout days, their first week of school, a birthday, a milestone.) 🗒
• Kiss the back of a card’s envelope with lipstick on and print S.W.A.K. (Sealed With A Kiss) 💋
• Leave a note on the rear view mirror or in their car seat.
• Write a note on the toilet paper using a Sharpie. 😉HA
• Slide a creatively designed note under their door at night, so they see it first thing in the morning.
• Use dry erase marker or permanent Sharpie to write on a coffee mug or favorite glass.
• Make a unique plate to be used for special occasions ONLY. (i.e. “You’re So Smart”, “You Did IT!” “Congratulations!” “We’re Proud of You!”) 👍🏼
• Tuck a note in a pant pocket, coat pocket or glove.
• Leave a note inside their glasses case. 👓
• Leave a note on top of a stack of clothes you’ve folded.
• Leave a card or note under the car windshield wipers while they’re at work.
• Leave a note taped to their computer, the remote or TV. 📺
• Tape a note to their favorite food item that they use every day. (i.e. creamer, cereal or coffee can.)
• Place a note under their pillow or pinned to a favorite blanket. 🛌
• Tape a note to their car keys.
• Leave a note in their suitcase as they leave for camp or a business trip.
• Lastly, of course, you can always just send an e-mail or text. 😉 💌
JUST HAVE FUN WITH IT❣️
Tell us in the comments below what you have done before. 👇🏽
One thought on “Twenty Creative Ways to Leave Love Notes”